Have a Happy Healthy Heart
As we get ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day on Monday it is also a wonderful time to check in on your Heart Health.
February is American Heart Month – a time when the nation spotlights heart disease, the No. 1 killer of Americans. Throughout the month, the American Heart Association’s “Heart to Heart: Why Losing One Woman Is Too Many” campaign will raise awareness about how 1 in 3 women are diagnosed with heart disease annually.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people have delayed or avoided going to hospitals for heart attacks and strokes. More people have engaged in unhealthy lifestyle behaviors, such as eating poorly, drinking more alcohol and limiting physical activity, that can contribute to heart disease. Meanwhile, heart disease continues to be the greatest health threat to Americans and is still the leading cause of death worldwide, according to the AHA’s Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics.
Have you fallen into some unhealthy habits since the pandemic started?
What are you doing to keep your heart happy & healthy?
Are you ready to reconnect and make your heart health a priority?
Here are my 10 tips to have a Happy Healthy Heart this Valentine’s Day.
- Do your favorite Mindful Movement. Walking, Yoga, Cardio, Weight-Training
- Create a Happy Heart Playlist to listen to while exercising
- Cook heart healthy meals at home
- Get 8 hours of restful sleep each night
- Meditate 10+ minutes daily. Insight Timer is the #1 Free Meditation App
- Take time to Journal and reflect on all the love you receive in your life
- Write yourself a Love Letter & list everything you Appreciate about yourself
- Discover your Love Language by taking the 5 Love Languages quiz
- Read Life Loves You by Louise Hay and Robert Holden
- Take time to Hug your loved ones for 6 seconds. When we hug our loved ones for 6 seconds, a powerful hormone called oxytocin is released into our bloodstream. Oxytocin is often called the cuddle hormone and is responsible for promoting bonding with our loved ones. When released, it boosts our happiness levels. But a fleeting hug just isn’t enough to stimulate oxytocin production.
Remember when you love yourself, you glow from the inside. You attract people who love, respect and appreciate your energy. Everything starts with how you feel about yourself. Start feeling worthy, valuable and deserving of receiving the best life has to offer. Be magnetic.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Valentine’s Day.